Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I don't have time for a full update but I've gotten some emails concerned about Kyle, and we really appreciate that.

Kyle is OK, his recent injuries are not life threatening. He is looking 90% normal. He just got his hair cut and you now see the stitches on his head where they opened him up to put in his plates, and it's a grim reminder of how lucky he was.

He has moved all his stuff out of his apartment and back into our basement. This was unexpected, and not entirely welcome. He's not planning on going back, and we weren't planning on having him living with us. He's a joy to have around, but he's drinking very heavily, and we just can't tolerate this.

Karen is struggling to get him through the public assistance tangle, and Kyle's not helping much. He doesn't answer the phone when they call, and doesn't call them back. So we may not be able to do much for him.

But we HAVE to. He can't live with us forever.

Comments:
I'm glad to hear you're all okay. I agree, drinking is a definite deal-breaker. My son is bipolar & does the same thing, but he doesn't live with me.
I hope you're still going to NAMI meetings. I think they'll give you a lot of resources.
thanks for letting us know whats going on.
~ take it easy
 
Thanks Jane.
 
What about a part time job for responsibility and SSI to make ends meet.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home