Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Jon here today.

As you can tell from Karen's post, Kyle is back living with us again. When I heard he was attending NA and AA meetings regularly, I immediately invited him back. I don't want him out of the house if he's willing to follow the rules. He adds so much to our family.

I am a little hurt that he is actively avoiding me. I don't know if he's embarassed, or afraid I'll give him a hard time, or just doesn't want to face me. But he does what he can to avoid me. Of course, I leave the house at 7:30 AM, and don't get back from the second job until 10:00 PM. That does make it easy to avoid me, and I'm not always in the most jovial mood after working that long. I have been known to be quite irritable if the house is not in tolerable condition when I get home, and perhaps he doesn't want to face that. I hope he gets more comfortable around me, and I'll have to work on that.

Thanksgiving is tomorrow, and we have a lot to be thankful for. My wife, our kids, Kyle's safety, our families and friends, my jobs, the house, our new friends reading this blog, and countless other things. I will attempt to give thanks for all this. It will be the greatest Thanksgiving ever!

Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers. We'll have more tough times, but I'm confident the worst is behind us...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home