Saturday, August 09, 2003

Kyle's mom here. I rented a carpet cleaning machine yesterday. Kyle got up pretty easily. We got over to our old house at around 10:30 a.m. He started cleaning and I could tell he was feeling overwhelmed. The cord kept falling out of the machine. I went to our new house to get some duct tape. I stopped and bought him some munchies. I cleaned out some rooms and vents so I could make sure Kyle would be o.k. alone. Then I left him and told him to call when he was done and I would pick him up. He worked until 7:45 p.m. The carpet machine was due back at 8:00 p.m. He did an absolutely wonderful job. He cleaned three bedrooms, two hallways, living room, dining room, and an entire basement. I was so proud of him. I talked to Jon about it. I wish he could get a better job. He is such an amazing worker. He is perfectionistic and doesn't stop until he is done.

*****************************************************************************

Kyle has the same drive in anything he undertakes. He wrestled as a little boy and thought it was too late in high school. A girl talked him into it. He was a sophmore in high school and already running cross country, track, and doing musicals. I thought it was too much for him but he loved it. He completely gave up sugar, pop, and junk food. He threw himself into it. He lost most of his matches but kept trying. He learned more about nutrition from wrestling than anywhere. He studied fat content on every food he ate. There was not a bit of fat on him. Then he decided to run a marathon. He ran 26 miles in three hours and came in second. Two months later he ran another one and came in first. He was in absolutely the best shape of anyone. I wish he was still running because it was such an outlet for him.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home