Monday, August 25, 2003

Kyle's dad here.

It's been a stressful day around our house. Kyle heard back from the Navy, and while he didn't tell us exactly what they said, he said he's not eligible for Navy service. I asked him to wait for me to get home from work so we could talk about his future, where he would live, and so forth. He hung up on me, and was gone when I got home. I had left a signed check on the counter for a workman scheduled to come by, and when I got home, the check was gone. It hasn't been cashed yet, so I stopped payment on it. Of course, if he tries to cash it now, he's really going to be in trouble.

Karen wrote him a letter that brought tears to my eyes. It said we loved him very much, but he couldn't stay in our house smoking dope, not taking his pills, and staying out all night. It said that until he decided to change, he wasn't welcome in our house. It's really been a sad night, as to have Karen come to this decision on her own means it will stick this time. I hope that's a good thing.

We could all use your prayers now. Karen and I for wisdom, compassion, and knowing how to best handle this situation. And Kyle, for safety, peace, and the strength to make the right decisions for himself, whatever they may be.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home