Thursday, July 10, 2003

Kyle was in jail for 30 days. We went to two preliminary trials and the final trial. We had to watch him come down in orange jail clothes and the last time he was in shackles. It broke my heart. I was so worried and prayed constantly for him. How could this have happened? Our pastor suggested that he might be bipolar. This whole episode was out of character for him. Kyle is the sweetest, most thoughtful, and most loving person that I have ever known. But there is also a very dark side to him. When he was released I didn't know if I would be able to watch over him. I was thrilled that he was coming home and scared to death.

More history tomorrow....

Kyle came home pretty quickly yesterday. He said he went for a walk. He smelled like cigarette smoke. He is helping my parents today. He is the hardest working of all my children. He painted his grandparents house a couple of years back. It looks beautiful. He has a very close bond with his grandparents especially his grandmother. We found out his trial date for his first charges is set for July 18, 2003. I hate to go back to the courtroom. I will be so glad when it is finished. I went to the library today and checked out a couple more books on mental illness. He went to a church youth group last night. He got home very late but not intoxicated. These are small accomplishments but they mean a lot to me.

*****************************************************************************

The thing that has helped me the very most is talking to people who have bipolar children. It is more common than I ever thought possible. I am very selective about who I tell but have been pleasantly surprised to learn of close friends who have bipolar children or mothers. My husband started looking for a new house for our family when Kyle was first arrested. At first that was overwhelming but now it gives us all something to look forward to.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home